Check out the art of Jill Soukoup

I don't know if you know that I am an art historian in my other life. 
Sophie from Chevalie, a blog about riding and horses (it's in German) has drawn my attention to an artist and I want to share that with you just in a few words. Her name is Jill Soukoup, and her works are somewhere between realism, impressionism and expressionism. Which means rather bold brushstrokes and an atmosphere created and dominated by vivid color and light. I see a lot of Van Gogh in it. I don't like paintings of horses too much in general because they often tend to be kind of kitchy. But I find hers quite impressing. Even better are the architectural studies. 
I don't know about you but a good piece of art always brightens up my day. And Jill's definitely did!

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment